Java is a technology that is needed in order to run SkillSoft content. Please follow these instructions to install Java in your browser if you want to take any courses from SkillSoft (such courses will send you to this page).
Verify Java is Working (All Systems)
- Go to https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp and click "Verify Java version".
- If an animation plays and a message appears, Java is correctly installed. If not, please follow the appropriate instructions below.
- Go to the Apple Menu->Software Update and install all updates until there are no more to install. It may require you to reboot multiple times, but eventually Java will appear as one of the listed updates, so be sure to check the box so it gets installed.
- Restart any open web browsers, then verify that Java is working by going to https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp (you may need to click Run or Allow in some of the messages that pop up).
- Close all open web browsers.
- If you have Google Chrome installed, launch it, otherwise open any browser of your choosing but make sure that only 1 browser is open.
- Go to https://www.java.com/inc/BrowserRedirect1.jsp?locale=en and proceed to install Java.
- Once it is installed, be sure to verify that it is working correctly by going to https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp (you may need to click Run or Allow in some of the messages that pop up).
- You should also remove any old versions of Java from your system by going to https://www.java.com/en/download/uninstallapplet.jsp and following the instructions (this is a safe procedure). Note: If you installed Java using a different browser than Google Chrome and you run Chrome at a later time, Java will most likely be broken just for Chrome but not for other browsers when you try and verify it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.